Wrenches are a common set of hand tools found in the tool cabinet of almost every household. Small repairs like fixing pipes, fastening nuts and bolts become easier if you have the proper ratcheting wrench set ready at your disposal. No matter for what purpose they are being used for, ratcheting wrench sets increase efficiency and maximize mechanical advantage. Let us take a look into the bestselling ratcheting wrench sets:
Ratcheting Wrench Set Complete Comparison
|1. Stanley 94-543W 7 Piece||9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 mm||Forged Steel||$$|
|2. Gear Wrench 9412 12 Piece||8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 mm||Alloy steel||$$|
|3. Gear Wrench 9902D 16 Piece||¼, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, ½, 9/16,5/8, 11/16, ¾, 13/16 and 7/8 inches||Forged steel||$$|
|4. Gear Wrench 9903 4 Pieces||See review||Alloy steel||$$|
|5. Gear Wrench 35720 20 Pieces||See review||Alloy steel||$$|
5 Ratcheting Wrench Set Reviews
Size – This comes in 7 different sizes – 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 millimetres.
- Ease of Use and Durability – This Stanley wrench set is portable, very easy to use and provides a good solid grip. The wrenches ratchet both directions but the box end does not bend. They are solidly built and thus extremely sturdy.
- Material – Chrome vanadium forged steel with chrome polish plating for protection against corrosion.
- Case – This ratcheting wrench set comes in a solid box which can be used to store the tools permanently.
- Additional Features – Max Drive system is employed at the box ends which generates 15% more torque. For additional knuckle clearance, it provides a 15 degree offset at the box end.
- Durable – There is absolutely no question about the durability of this wrench set. They do not get damaged while under extreme pressure or force.
- Usefulness – In tight places where ratchets and sockets do not fit, this is a life saver. They are convenient for use in any type of mechanical work.
- Affordable – This great set of ratcheting wrenches is priced at only $22.
- Great Packaging – Perfect packaging not only makes it attractive to the customers but also helps keep the tools in good condition.
- There is really nothing negative about this product.
This is undoubtedly one of the best set of ratcheting wrench set metric currently available in the market. This is greatly recommended for both home use and professional mechanical work.
Size – This comes is 12 sizes- 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 millimetres.
- Ease of Use and Durability – This ratcheting wrench set is highly durable and provides a good solid grip. They are perfect to work on trucks, cars and other vehicles where space is tight. The wrenches require only a movement of about 5 degrees to turn a fastener.
- Material – Alloy Steel.
- Case – This set comes in a moulded package tray.
- Durable – Being made of strong alloy steel, there is no tension of breaking.
- Usefulness – This ratcheting wrench set is convenient to both the professionals and the amateurs alike.
- Affordable – The model is priced at $63.02 which is alright considering its usefulness.
- Inadequate Marking – There is hardly any con for this product, but the only thing that needs a little improvement is its marking. A marking indicating which way tightens or loosens would have made them more convenient for use.
You will have no regrets if you go for this wrench set. The manufacturer’s lifetime warranty will make sure that you can carry on with this set for the rest of your life.
Size – 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23, 24 and 25 millimetres are the 16 different sizes available in this set.
- Ease of Use and Durability – Built for precision and strength, this Gear Wrench set is ideal for tight spots where a traditional ratchet will not fit. The serrated design along the tools provide for better grip.
- Material – High quality forged steel with polished chrome finish.
- Case – This comes in a wrench locker rack which makes storage and transportation easy.
- Additional Features – The Surface Drive design makes the flex head turn by 180 degrees which makes access to fasteners much easier. The continuous head tension is provided by its innovative Spring Washer design
- Excellent Quality – There is no compromise with quality in this Gear Wrench ratcheting wrench set.
- Intelligent and Flawless Design – The flex heads, the spring washer design and the surface drive design make ratcheting in tight places more convenient. The serrated beams make gripping easier.
- Durable – There is no doubt about its durability as it is one of the best by Gear Wrench.
- Price – Being priced at $184.48, this set is quite pricey. But it is nothing compared to the quality of the tools.
In a nutshell, if you can spare around 200 bucks for a wrench set, look no further than this Gear Wrench 9902DC set.
- Ease of Use and Durability – This ratcheting wrench set comes with the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty and is extremely durable. This set can be very easily used in tight places and it feels pretty solid in the palms of the hand.
- Material – Premium alloy steel with chrome polish.
- Case – The set comes in a plastic wrench locker rack.
- Additional Features – For strong grip of fasteners, this set of wrenches is armed with Surface Drive Plus technology. This accounts for generation of 25 percent more torque. Continuous head tension is made possible by the Spring Washer design.
- Superior Quality – It would be unfair to complain about its quality as the quality is nothing but superb.
- Great Design – Innovative designs have made this ratcheting wrench set even more convenient for use.
- Price – This set of 4 ratcheting wrenches comes at $73.94 which might look a little expensive.
Overall, it is indeed a good purchase as its usefulness and advanced features completely outweigh its high price.
Size – This wrench set comes in metric sizes of 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 millimetres and in SAE sizes of ¼, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, ½, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16 and ¾ inches.
- Ease of Use and Durability – This ratcheting wrench set is highly resistant to strong pressure and general wear and tear. It requires using very little effort to tighten fasteners.
- Material – High quality alloy steel with chrome polish.
- Case – This model comes in a plastic tray but it needs to be cut open to free the tools.
- Price – When you are getting a set of 20 wrenches at $63.96, it is just great.
- SAE and Metric System – The measurements provided in both these systems greatly convenience users.
- Made in China’ – This tag certainly, does not work in the favour of this set of tools.
- Quality – Though the tools are durable and last long, there has been a few complaints about the quality.
The overall verdict is that, when you are getting a set of 20 wrenches at such a low price, it is worth a try. They are actually quite good for home use. In case of any issues, you can always fall back on the manufacturer’s lifelong warranty.