Hand tools find a pride of place in the tool cabinet of almost every home. Wrenches are one of the most useful tools and considered as devices of high utility. Wrenches come in handy in turning objects like bolts or nuts at an angle perpendicular to the object’s axis. The long handle of the wrench or spanner is used to get a good grip for gaining an adequate mechanical advantage which will be responsible for the turning force or torque.
Wrench sets manufactured by Craftsman are of the highest quality. Controlled by Sears Holdings and owned by KCD IP, LLC, Craftsmen was ‘America’s Most Trusted Brand’ in 2007. Every wrench from the house of Craftsman undergoes multiple rounds of high-intensity testing before being released for sales. The lifelong Craftsman Forever Warranty ensures that you do not need to buy another wrench set in your life. Listed below are the best models of Craftsman wrench sets that are priced under $50.You may also read more Best Pancake Compressor reviews 2018.
TOP 5 Wrench Set Under 50 Dollars Comparison
5 Wrench Sets Under 50 Dollars reviews
1. Craftsman 9 Pieces Metric 12 pt Combination Wrench Set 47045
This is one of the best by Craftsman. Let us take a look into what makes this so good:
- Size – This Craftsman wrench set comes in 9 different sizes – 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 millimeters.
- Ease of Use and Durability – This Craftsman wrench set is highly portable, easy to use, provides a good solid grip and is quite durable.
- Material – High-quality alloy steel.
- Case – The Craftsman wrench set comes securely packed in a plastic case with extra padding that prevents movement of the tools in the package. The security strand at the back of the case is to be removed with a screwdriver to get the tools out.
Pros of 47045 Wrench Set:
- Useful – It is highly convenient to use and requires minimum effort.
- Durable – It is very strong and resistant to wear and tear. It does not break even under great pressure.
- Affordable – This model is priced moderately. Online discounts make it even more affordable.
- Great Packaging – Superior packaging ensures that you get the wrenches in their best shape.
- There are no cons of this model as such.
This model is highly recommended for anyone who wants a great set of wrenches at a great price. Add to that the lifelong warranty of Craftsman and bring home a wrench set that you can pass on to your next generation.
2. Craftsman 8 pieces Standard 12 pt Combination Wrench Set: Ideal for Home Use
While the professional mechanics choose to stick to the 9 or 12 or 20 pieces wrench sets, this 8 pieces model is great for minor repairs at home. However, the ‘Made in China‘ tag works to its disadvantage.
- Size – This Craftsman wrench set comes is 8 attractive sizes- ¼, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, ½, 9/16 and 5/8 inches.
- Ease of Use and Durability – This set is strongly built and the handles provide just the ideal grip to create the perfect torque.
- Material – Alloy Steel.
- Case – This Craftsman wrench set does not come in a case.
- Easy For Home Use – For amateur mechanics, this wrench set is perfect.
- It is not greatly recommended for professional mechanical work.
- Durable – Being made of strong alloy steel, there is no tension of breaking.
- Affordable – The price is on the lower side and thus very affordable.
- No Case – This model does not come in a case and its packaging is also not that good. But considering the price, there is not much to complain.
- Not for Professional Use – Though most Craftsman wrench set is of professional quality, this one is better for home use only.
If you need wrench sets with limited home use, this is a great choice.
3. Craftsman 12 pieces Standard 12 pt Combination Wrench Set 47046: Another Great Set of Wrenches by Craftsman
This 12 pieces Craftsman Wrench Set promises a high level of versatility and it delivers its promise.
- Size – ¼, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, ½, 9/16,5/8, 11/16, ¾, 13/16 and 7/8 inches are the sizes in this set.
- Ease of Use and Durability – This Craftsman wrench set is built for precision. It is portable and very strong and sturdy. It feels comfortable yet strong in the grip of your palm.
- Material – High quality forged steel.
- Case – This comes in a cute carry set for greater portability.
Pros of the 12 Pieces Craftsman Wrench Set
- Professional Quality – This is highly suitable for professional mechanical work.
- Flawless Design – The finish of this Craftsman wrench set is without any flaws or imperfections.
- Durable – There is no doubt about its durability as it is one of the best by Craftsman.
- Price – The only not so positive thing about it is the price which is quite steep. But it is nothing compared to the quality of the tools.
It is a great choice and highly recommended both for home use and professional mechanical work.
4. Craftsman 9-34835 42 Pieces Drive and Torque Bit Socket Wrench Set: Scoring High on Versatility
- Size – 1/4-Inch Drive: 5 Standard hex bit sockets (3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8″); 3/8-Inch Drive: 6 Standard hex bit sockets (5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8″); 6 Metric hex bit sockets (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 mm); 3 Slotted screwdriver bit sockets (7/32, 9/32, 3/8″).
- Ease of Use and Durability – Just like any other Craftsman tool, this model is of the greatest durability and is very convenient to handle. It grips well in the palms of the hands.
- Material – High tensile strength steel with black oxide layering to protect from corrosion.
- Case – The set comes in a plastic case.
- Good Quality – No complaints about the quality of this wrench set. It is just too good.
- Price – A set of 42 below $50 is a steal deal.
- Packaging – This could have been better. The tools inside are not tightly packed.
Overall, it is a pretty good purchase at this price. Look no further if you are looking for a good quality wrench set for your home tool chest.
5. Craftsman Evolv 3 Pieces 10064 Adjustable Wrench Set: The 3 Piece Wonder Wrench Set
Do not let yourself be fooled by the absence of key sizes, as the adjustable feature of the 3 wrenches makes up for it.
- Size – This Craftsman wrench set comes in 6, 8 and 10 inches.
- Ease of Use and Durability – Very easy to use as the jaw width is adjustable. The handles are ergonomically designed for better grip. It is highly resistant to strong pressure and general wear and tear.
- Material – High-quality alloy steel.
- Case – This does not come in a case.
- Price – Craftsman quality at this price is simply great.
- Quality – The metal quality is quite good and the tools are durable.
- ‘Made in China’ – This tag does not work in its favor though as low-end tools they are quite good.
- Good For Light Use – You surely cannot build an oil rig with this set, but for home use, they are just perfect.
Go for it if you do not have any plans to do heavy professional mechanical work with it. A nice small Craftsman wrench set to add to your home tool shed